Monday, April 13, 2009

Sir ELTON JOHN


Elton John - DANIEL

As has always been the tradition and intention of my blog - I bring you a mix of my art, along with music (cuz I can't live without it), and occasionally my little thoughts...
As I looked for an Elton song to carry your eyes through my Work-in-Progress photos here - I found this particular version of DANIEL.
I simply love the song... the two brother aspect of it always tugged at my heart (I have two sons). I never knew the context of the song until Elton explained it via the movie behind him as you can see in this Live version. The song is forever changed for me.
My Dad was a WWII soldier, and my grand-nephew is currently serving in the Navy.
God Bless the US Military & their families.
For lyrics to another song that perfectly illustrates my heart's cry - scroll to the end of this post... "What did he die for" ...

Reggie emerges...









On exhibition at Rick's STUDIO13 Grille & Bar in Mentor, Ohio



Please scroll waaaaay down this blog for MORE WiP - pics.
My affordable art is here:
~kD


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHAT DID HE DIE FOR
" He was twenty-one in 1944
He was hope and he was courage on a lonely shore
Sent there by a mother with love beyond her tears
Just a young American who chose to rise above his fears
And as I watch him struggle up that hill
Without a thought of turning back
I cannot help but wonder

What did he die for?
When he died for you and me
Made the sacrifice
So that we could all be free
I believe we will answer each to heaven
For the way we spend a priceless liberty
Look inside and ask the question
What did he die for?
When he died for me
To the darkest day in A.D. 33
Came the mercy and compassion of eternity
Sent there by a Father with love beyond His tears
Blameless One, the only Son to bear the guilt of all these years
And as I watch Him struggle up that hill
Without a thought of turning back I cannot help but wonder

What did He die for?
When He died for you and me
Made the sacrifice So that we could all be free
I believe we will answer each to heaven
For the way we spend a priceless liberty
Look inside and ask the question
What did He die for?
He died for freedom
He died for love
And all the things we do not pay Him back
Could never be enough
What did He die for?
When He died for you and me
Made the sacrifice
So that we could all be free
I believe we will answer each to heaven
For the way we spend a priceless liberty
Look inside and ask the question
What did he die for? When He died for me "

~Twila Paris

2 comments:

Gerushia's New World said...

Katey:

I am just amazed at these "works in progress". I am so grateful that you are sharing this art journey with your blogging community.

Kim
Garden Painter Art

JAN said...

excellent paintings thatnk you for sharing your wip great to see them at each stage