Thursday, April 19, 2007

UnHappy Anniversary


Memorials & Memories…

I would be remiss to not quietly acknowledge that each of us has been touched in some way during this week of deep sorrow and unspeakable pain. We collectively add Virginia Tech to other such grief-laden words like Oklahoma City and Columbine.


Evil is NOT the opposite of God.

Evil is the ABSENCE of God.


When you find yourself saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, remember that removing God and closing the doors to His presence invites evil.


Still - He seeks us and waits for us, and loves us…

FORGIVES US...


As small children, He is our superhero … as troubled teens He is a secret friend… As new parents He holds us when we struggle. And when we are ready to leave this life He is there to comfort & keep us…


~joy still,

katey




I Am


(by Nichole Nordeman 2002 Ariose Music)


Pencil marks on a wall, I wasn't always this tall

You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed.

You watched my team win, and watched my team lose

Watched when my bicycle went down again



When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name

And I said Elbow Healer, Superhero, come if you can

You said, I Am


Only sixteen, life is so mean

What kind of curfew is at 10 pm?

You saw my mistakes and watched my heart break

Heard when I swore I'd never love again


When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name

And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper, be my best friend

You said, I Am

You saw me wear white by pale candlelight

I said 'forever' to what lies ahead

Two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream

Too much it might seem when it is 2 am.


When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name

Oh, Shepherd Savior, Pasture Maker, hold on to my hand

You said, I Am


The winds of change and circumstance

Blow in and all around us

So we find a foothold that's familiar

And bless the moments that we feel you nearer

When life had begun I was woven and spun

You let the angels dance around the throne

Who can say when, but they'll dance again

When I am free and finally headed home


I will be weak, unable to speak, still I will call You by name

Creator, Maker, Life SustainerComforter, Healer, My Redeemer

Lord and King, Beginning and the End

I Am, I Am


Featured Art: original Domino Pendants by Katey-D


5 comments:

Gerushia's New World said...

Katey:

Your words always strike my heart. You are a truth speaker and you make me feel stronger in my faith because you are strong in yours.

Thanks so much:
Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

I just received this message today - from the band SUPERCHICK:

WORTH a READ :)

http://www.inpop.com/

Pressed Ink said...

Katey, I agree with what Kim said! Thank you for living by your convictions and sharing with others!

Your statement...

Evil is NOT the opposite of God.

Evil is the ABSENCE of God.

...is so true. I for one know I could not cope through what life brings without God in my life.

Thanks also for sharing the Superchick message with us.

~sharon
pressedink

Jane Pierce aka zJayne said...

What beautiful art exudes from you girl. You are quite a talented, friendly, warm and special person. Always a treat or inspiration to follow what you share.

~waving with a smile
zJayne
[easybidness]

nic2415 said...

Hi Katey!
O.k. I signed up just so I could follow your blogs and comment on them easier.
Love, Love Love the art!
Thanks for being artsy-fartsy for people like me who are art-defficient.
Love you!
Nicole