Thursday, February 08, 2007

Adoption and Pink Things


I stepped out of my area of comfort and personal taste to create in a genre and color pallette somewhat foreign to me. Pink & sparkly makes me want to run to the garage and cut wood and paint things deep red or forest green.
Have I offended myself in feeling this way? Laugh!
No, it has been an exercise to let myself create out of bounds… for the sheer delight of creating. The result has been a series of whimsical fairy creatures. They recall, to me, beautiful little pinecone men with German glass glitter sprinkles I remember being brought out at Christmas.
I struggled with frilly pink things on my kitchen counter all week - all clashing with my antiques and the deep tones in my live world. I look at them now in my presence (as they have not been shipped out to their new owners at this moment though they have each been adopted into the appreciative loving care of those who know about things pink & sparkly)…and they are most definitely strangers and aliens in a foreign land here. But I love them so much.


(the art auction on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/FAiRy-FoLK-aLTeReD-aRT-DoLL-PiXiE-VaLeNTiNE-ooak-sfa_W0QQitemZ160081157465QQihZ006QQcategoryZ84626QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem )

Ephesians 2: 18-22
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the chief cornerstone. In Him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.



When Love Takes You In…
I know you've heard the stories, but they all sound too good to be true. You've heard about a place called home, but there doesn't seem to be one for you. So one more night you cry yourself to sleep and drift off to a distant dream.Where love takes you in and everything changes - A miracle starts with the beat of a heart.When love takes you home and says you belong here - The loneliness ends and a new life begins. When love takes you in.And somewhere while you're sleeping someone else is dreaming too.Counting down the days until they hold you close and say I love you.And like the rain that falls into the sea in a moment what has been is lost in what will be…
When love takes you home and says you belong here - The loneliness ends and a new life begins. When love takes you in.When love takes you in everything changesA miracle starts with the beat of a heartAnd this love will never let you goThere is nothing that could ever cause this love to lose its holdWhen love takes you in everything changesA miracle starts with the beat of a heartWhen love takes you home and says you belong hereThe loneliness ends and a new life beginsWhen love takes you in it takes you in for goodWhen love takes you in
~ lyrics by Steven Curtis Chapman



To learn more about ADOPTION
Check out http://members.shaohannahshope.org/site/PageServer
(Shoahannah’s Hope “mobilizing the body of Christ to care for orphans)

3 comments:

saffron said...

I love pink and sparkley! This is so adorable!

Patti Moore said...

Since I've lived for years as the one GIRL in a houseful of GUYS, I can definitely relate to "pink & sparkly" not fitting into the decor!! Around here, it's warm yellows, teal, forest green, & red...

Hmmm... Maybe I should follow your lead, Katey, and try creating outside my own comfort zone! ;)

So glad to see that your SWEET fairies have each found a HAPPY HOME!!!

Blessings!
Patti

sadie pink said...

This is so sweet. You are a wonderful artist!