Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Gargoyle Father





"Sahara" by NIGHTWISH

press the PLAY arrow on the video to listen while you look around this "work-in-progess" post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Gargoyle Dad



I have been noodling around with some ideas of a gargoyle-person-creature by request...

here are the very first inklings of where it is headed... although there is much more work to be done...





I have a specific person I am incorporating...

a certain "Dad" person

(and by the way, Dad's are the best... love yours all the days you are given to love him).


I am using acrylics on a gallery wrapped canvas

(measuring 8" x 8" by 1.25" deep).

I began with a light pencil sketch for placement and then began to add a gray-scale form...

I check for perspective and scale every now and then using the reference pic of "The Dad"



... it is really cool in my head though I know you all can't see it yet... but soon you will I hope!

I will be adding details of stone/brick... cement-ish qualities...

"The Dad" will have pointy ears and maybe horns or horn bumps...


To check out more of my arty things go to my shop on ETSY at www.blueyeduckstudios.etsy.com and my arty bio page at www.blueyeduckstudios.com

~katey-D / blueyeduckstudios


































3 comments:

Denise Aumick said...

This is looking very cool, kD. I love the pose and then that smiling face is perfect. Can't wait to see it completed.

teastudio said...

What a fun piece! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing the end result. :)

Leola - Southshoreartist said...

Wow, what an unique idea. Can't wait to see it finished :) Southshoreartist