Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Strollin' On the Water


The snow in our area is like sugar frosting... delightful for the eyes ~ wicked to drive in.

Water can be like that - lovely to behold, but dangerous for those who are not careful...or for those of little faith...


Bryan Duncan (see My Juke Box to the left to learn more about his music) paints a great picture in song with "Strollin' On The Water".


Open up my eyes, I pray Lord, for just a little glimpse of you ~ That's all I need, it's all I've ever needed ... to see beyond myself, beyond this tiny, little world. All your hands have made with beauty and strength alone ~ I can see you comin' to me now. Oh, like a shimmerin' light - Shimmerin' light on an open sea...Barefoot on the water - Laughin' at the ocean like you were old friends...Callin' out my name - Saying join me now!

Strollin' on the water... High over every care! Strollin' on the water ...Sinking no longer! Let me rise above the high tide... I can do it, I'll do it, yeah, I know where my strength comes from!

Help me cut these bonds where I keep my spirit tied all safe and dry...Safe and dry, but so afraid ~ let me come to you! Let me run to you with my heart still beating ~ Beating in my throat with my sweaty palms and mouth so dry ~ Shakin' 'til I can't stand still! All I'm askin' ... All I'm askin' is to let me cross that great divide between you and I. Only you can take me there ... So take me there, yeah!

Strollin' on the water... High over every care! Strollin' on the water ... Sinking no longer! Let me rise above the high tide I can do it, I'll do it, yeah, I know that you said, "follow me".

Just let the water flow - Let it go! Oh keep your eyes on me - Do you feel alive?Try turnin' circles, yeah - Bend your knees! And hold your hands up high - Can you feel the wind in your hair? With your eyes closed - Take a breath of fresh air! Feel the mist on your toes - Look where we are!


The thrill of knowing that complete TRUST is exhilerating. Peter was so thrilled to see the Lord and so exhilerated - he stepped out of the boat and was strollin on the water before he realized what he was doing and his doubt returned (even so, Jesus saved him)! I so want to be THAT thrilled and THAT exhilerated and THAT trusting I forget all my cares and just stroll! *


Featured Art: ATC (artist trading card) sized original watercolor and Ink (2.5" x 3.5") - in my eBay store now.


strollin',
katey-D


*Matthew 14:25-33

1 comment:

Penny Cork said...

Oh, Katey...This is so wonderful and lovely!

Penny :)